Volunteer involvement, getting started
Where: New Volunteer House, 16 East Fergus Place, Kirkcaldy, KY1 1XT
This event is being organised by Fife Voluntary Action. This particular event is FREE to attend.
Whether you don't yet have any volunteers or have been working with volunteers for a while, getting these basics in place will reap great rewards. You'll be able to head off any issues with volunteers not understanding their responsibilities and you'll be clear about yours.
Included in the course:
- What is volunteering?
- What are the mutual rights and responsibilities of volunteers and organisations?
- How can I include volunteering when strategic planning?
- What is a volunteer policy and why do I need one?
- What should I include in volunteer role descriptions?
- What are volunteer agreements and why do I need them?
- What is the Volunteer Friendly Award?
Who should attend
Anyone who has, or is expecting to have, responsibility for recruiting/managing volunteers in their organisation.
All participants will receive a certificate of attendance.