When: 1000-1200, Thursday 22 June 2017
Where: Craig Mitchell House, Flemington Road, Glenrothes, KY7 5QF
This event is being organised by Fife Voluntary Action
This particular event is free to attend, so no payment is required.
Fife Voluntary Action is running a series of drop-in sessions aimed at giving local third sector organisations the best possible chance of securing, and properly managing, funding. This may be to develop an exciting new project, to take on an asset, or simply to cover the core costs of running your organisation. Our Capacity Building team has extensive experience of leveraging funding into the third sector, helping Fife organisations secure well over £1 million in each of the last two years.
There’s no need to book- simply come along and have a chat with our knowledgeable and experienced staff.
By attending one of these sessions and working with our team, we hope that you will be better able to:
- identify and secure funding for your organisation’s projects, whatever size they may be;
- understand and meet the monitoring and administrative requirements of funding awards; and
- identify and resolve any gaps in your governance and capacity, and plan for getting yourorganisation funding-ready.
Attending one of our sessions may only be the first step in a longer process, but we’re here to help you every step of the way.
Who should attend
Those involved in the management of third sector organisations that need support with:
- identifying and applying for suitable funding;
- managing the monitoring and administrative requirements of funding awards; and
- bringing an organisation’s governance up to the levels required to be an outstanding candidate for funding.
What you need to bring
Ideally, you should bring with you copies of the following:
- your governing document (constitution/Articles of Association);
- your most recent set of annual accounts;
- your business or development plan;
- any funding applications completed by you recently, whether submitted or not; and
- any other documents relevant to the project that you are seeking to fund.
If you're unable to bring these with you, that’s okay- but please remember that it may impact on the support that we are immediately able to provide.
What to expect
A member of our Capacity Building team will discuss your project with you, answering any questions that you might have and supporting you with completing forms if you are at that stage. Where you need a little more support to get you to a level where you are ready to apply for funding, we will work with you to identify what needs to happen and help you to deliver any changes needed first.
I can’t make any of these sessions – what should I do?
We’re always happy to meet with third sector organisations in Fife. If you can’t get along to any of these sessions, but feel that you would like support with funding, governance or any other issues affecting your group then please let us know.
Contact: Val Wright (Capacity Building Officer)
Phone: 0800 389 6046