The Supplier Development Programme offers free expert training, support and information to help you win work and grow your business. This workshop to support Social Enterprises will help you better understand the procurement process. It will cover all aspects of tendering from finding opportunities and submitting your first bid to improving your score and expanding your market. The workshop is an introductory level session, aimed at organisations with some or no experience with formal tendering. It will explain the tenders process and how to find/apply for tenders and Quick Quotes as well as providing practical tips for social enterprises to compete against larger corporate bidders. This event is part of the Fife Economy Partnership Events.
When: Thursday, 25 August 2016 - 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Where? Business Gateway Fife, Kingdom House, Glenrothes
Fife Council’s Supplier Development Programme provides support to Fife businesses in three main ways:
- Raising awareness of the opportunities for SME’s from the public sector,
- Increasing business readiness to tender, and
- Assisting SME’s in accessing tender opportunities.
To book your place please contact Graeme.Ferguson@fife.gov.uk.
What is Fife Economy Partnership?
Fife Economy Partnership are a business led partnership working to achieve economic growth for Fife. As part of the Fife Community Planning Partnership, Fife Economy Partnership identify and take forward policies and activities that help economic development in Fife. Partnership members meet four times a year and their main tasks are:
- Setting the economic development priorities for Fife.
- Overseeing the implementation of the Fife Economic Strategy 2013-2023.
- Monitoring and reporting on progress towards implementing the Fife Economic Strategy Action Plan.
- Promoting Fife’s case to the Scottish Government and Scottish Enterprise.
- Listening and engaging with businesses.
- Acting as ambassadors for Fife in matters relating to economic development.
- Making sure the public sector’s policies and activities support the growth of Fife’s economy.
Scottish Enterprise and Business Gateway Fife also organise exciting programmes of workshops, seminars and training events for businesses, some of which are related to social enterprises.