The Fife Environmental Partnership (FEP) Conference and Fair is taking place on Tuesday 20th September at Carnegie Conference Centre in Dunfermline.
When: Tuesday, 20 September 2016 from 08:45 to 16:30 (BST)
Where: Carnegie Conference Centre - Halbeath Road, Dunfermline, KY11 8DY
This conference brings together community groups, social enterprises, business, public bodies, Councillors, Fife Council staff, funding partners and FEP members who will be showcasing their carbon reduction and environmental projects as well as enabling and encouraging partnership projects and the sharing of project information. There will also be inspirational presentations covering:
- Types of low carbon heat available with case studies
- Reducing demand for heat in buildings
- Sustainable transport options
- Financial, ownership models and funding for communities assets
We are also bringing you a number of exciting activities in partnership with Fife College catering and fashion students and our other partners including:
- The first ever low carbon lunch produced by Fife College catering students will be served and Jamie Scott, MasterChef professional winner, will be on hand to ensure lunch is of star quality.
- FareShare, a food social enterprise from Dundee will deliver fresh food that's been saved from landfill.
- Vegware based in Edinburgh have kindly donated compostable crockery, cutlery, and cups.
- We’re sourcing all the ingredients for the lunch within a 50 mile radius and are using fresh produce that supermarkets don’t accept. Any waste generated from the event will be taken to make compost. An excellent example of reducing waste to landfill and using local produce to boost the local economy.
The Conference will also be promoting reuse of products from charities and businesses within Fife, including:
- Fife College fashion students and the award winning eco Fife College Green Hair and Beauty Salon will present a fashion show using revamped recycled textiles and clothing.
- Nathan WasteSaver’s, the largest textile recycling in the country have donated clothes saved from landfill and collected via Fife textile banks.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Conference and Fair on Tuesday 20th September.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please contact Carolyn Bell on 03451 55 55 55, ext 440240 or mobile 07813 112780. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Carnegie Conference Centre is well connected to the main transport hubs with three local train stations nearby and national bus routes from all of Scotland’s major cities stopping just outside the Centre as well as being well connected to the cycle routes. Parking is free and there are over 100 spaces available.
To register / more details, click here.