2017 Award Nominations
Make nominations online for the FVA 2017 Awards Ceremony!
Nominationsclose on Thursday 27 April.
Many organisations and volunteers are doing some truly exceptional work and fully deserve special recognition. We're inviting you to nominate those outstanding volunteers and organisations to receive that recognition and an award at the FVA Awards Ceremony.
The celebrations this year see us return to The Carnegie Conference Centre, Dunfermline. Those shortlisted for Awards will receive an invitation to the Ceremony, along with the person who nominated them.
The event is attracting a lot of interest and a healthy amount of sponsorship this year. Partners are keen to join with us, and you, in celebrating our sector and the work we do. The event can only be a success with your support - please nominate your volunteers and those organisations who you think deserve an award.
- Trustee/Board Member Award This category is open to any trustee, committee or board member in any third sector organisation operating in Fife. This award is for anyone who has carried out exceptional work whilst serving on the committee of an organisation
- Volunteering into Work Award This category is for anyone who used volunteering as a stepping stone into employment. The individual may no longer be volunteering with you, but volunteering led to them taking up employment
- Mature Volunteer Award This category is open to anyone over the age of 60 who makes a considerable difference to your organisation
- Inspirational Volunteer Award This category is open to anyone who, through volunteering, has overcome obstacles and reached significant personal achievements - inspiring others along the way. Help them get the recognition they deserve
- Active Volunteer Award This category is open to any individual who has demonstrated outstanding contribution in a physically active role. This might include sport and outdoor activity projects
- Young Volunteer Award This category is open to volunteers under the age of 25 who have shown reliability, commitment and enthusiasm for their role
- Volunteer of the Year Award This category is open to any individual volunteer in Fife who you feel deserves the recognition of being crowned 'Volunteer of the Year'
- Socially Enterprising Award This category is open to any organisation that has demonstrated growth through income generation, leading to a more sustainable and healthy community presence. This category is open to all organisations, including (but not limited to) social enterprises
- Super Start-up Award This category is open to any new organisation, group, project or department within the third sector that has opened its doors in the past two years and has demonstrated substantial impact on the local community, adding value to local economy or changing the lives of their service users/clients/community
- Active Organisation Award This category is open to any organisation, club or project that engages in or champions the promotion of health and wellbeing whilst increasing physical activity
- Reducing Inequalities Award This category is open to any organisation/department that actively promotes and practices reducing inequalities. This might achieved be by working to reduce health inequalities or by tackling poverty for service users, members, staff, volunteers and/or the community in general
- Partnership Award This category is open to any third sector organisation that has worked successfully in partnership with another organisation(s) to deliver a service in Fife. The partnership can have taken any form, and can include private sector companies, but must have involved at least one third sector organisation
- Organisation of the Year This is for any organisation demonstrating a significant impact on their local community. The organisation might have: a brilliant team of staff/volunteers, have displayed growth and sustainability or achieved exceptional results
- Equality and Diversity Award This award is for an organisation which has worked hard to be more inclusive - for their staff, volunteers and/or service users. You do not have to be an equalities organisation for this award. Organisations that have done some inspiring or significant work to improve circumstances for just one of the nine protected characteristics are just as eligible
- Green/Environmental Award This category is open to any organisation (not necessarily environmentally focussed) that has improved its ways of working for an environmental benefit. There might be: measurable reductions in carbon footprint, an improvement in recycling procedures or an innovative way to reuse resources.
To complete a nomination form please visit the FVA website :-https://www.fifevoluntaryaction.org.uk/award_nominations.asp