The project is being carried out on behalf of the Scottish Government, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, Scottish Enterprise, Big Lottery Fund, and others.
The aim is to ensure that the work of organisations like yours is better understood and better supported. The findings from the earlier 2015 Social Enterprise Census have already been widely used and made a huge difference. For example, they have been used to lobby on important issues for the sector, informed the Scottish Parliament's first debate on social enterprise, and informed Scotland's bold new strategy to support social enterprises. See the results of the 2015 Census here.
If you can answer ‘yes’ to the following questions we want to hear from you:
- Does your organisation have social or environmental goals?
- Are you earning income from selling goods, charging for services, or delivering contracts?
- Do you aspire to greater financial independence through earned income (reducing reliance on grants)?
- Do you reinvest your surpluses and retain assets to further your social/environmental goals?
- Are you operating independently (not as a public body)?
You may generate income from fees or contracts, doing anything from running a village hall, to providing arts activities, to delivering a care service. Whatever the case we want to hear from you.
Please take just 15 minutes to register some basic information about your organisation and its work. While you don’t need to answer every question it will be very helpful to us if you can.
Any information that you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence and no information will be released that can separately identify the views of you or your organisation.
Respond soon to enter the FREE PRIZE DRAW, and you could be the lucky recipient of one of three iPads up for grabs. Respondents will also be the first to receive a copy of the published findings.
The survey can be found here:-